Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Blog #5 Creating a MOOC?

I have heard of MOOCs before,. A couple of previous classes that I participated in included them as resources for the classes i.e. students were given links to the MOOCs to look up as assignments while preparing for the next class. it would never have crossed my mind to create one.

However, I would not mind knowing how a MOOC is created so long as the colleagues who know what to do are willing to teach people like me who have no idea what to do. Remember my on going battle with "twitter.com" and blogging? I just finished stressing over logging onto my blogging account!! Andre, hope you are reading this.

I am willing to go along with a MOOC, I just need coaching. Sure it sounds like a challenge but it will be nice to share what we are learning with other people beyond our class.

I do not consider myself an authority on race and ethnic identity issues but I have learned some things along the way particularly an educator of English Language Learners. I am willing to share what I have learned and learn from other people as well. If conversations about race and ethnicity are difficult one can only imagine just how much more challenging the situation is when the person experiencing the difficulty also has a language barrier. If our efforts sensitizes only one person then we have made some progress but I am sure more than one person will benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment